Did you watch Nik Wallenda set two new world records last weekend while walking an inclined tightrope between Chicago skyscrapers, and then walking another tightrope blindfolded?
It was amazing, and it reminded me of the time I breathlessly watched Wallenda cross the Grand Canyon on a two-inch wire, 1,500 feet above the ground.
I’m not normally a fan of daredevil acts, but I was mesmerized by Wallenda’s skill and utter focus as he followed his dream. He trained thoroughly, made frequent adjustments to keep his balance, listened to his father through a live feed in his ear, and prayed all the way across the wire. It was terrifying, but inspiring.
Homeschooling is a lot like tightrope walking. It takes fearlessness, faith, focus, fellowship, and flexibility.
Read the rest of this story on the Apologia blog.
Could you use a boost to get your homeschool year off to a great start?
Whether you’re a veteran or a first-time homeschooler, everyone can use ideas, resources, and support. The Homeschool Omnibus is a digital stockpile of practical tips and encouragement.
Here’s what it includes:
- 83 e-books (What a treasure for book-lovers!)
- 24 audio MP3s
- Bonus discounts and freebies from 25 fabulous companies like Your Story Hour, Media Angels, and Jim Hodges Audio Books
You get all of this to download immediately for only $25 OR if you’d like to get all the files on DVD as well as to download, that’s available for $33.
Here are just a few of the goodies I can’t wait to check out for myself:
- Debra Bell: Hard-Wired to Learn: Your Child’s Brain and God’s Design
- Jeannie Fulbright: If I Could Do it Over
- Kendra Fletcher: Organization for a Peaceful Home
- Kim Kautzer: The Lazy Student: What’s a Mom to Do
- Terri Johnson: Facing the Giant – Homeschooling Through High School
- Tyler Hogan: Loving Geography—Even If You Can’t Fold a Map [Isn’t that a fabulous title?]
- Vicki Dincher: Science and Math: End the Struggle
My own e-book, From Frazzled to Focused: 7 Planning Tools for Busy Moms, is included. In it I share some of my best tips for balancing all your responsibilities so that you and your family can enjoy peace and can flourish!
The sale ends SUNDAY, AUGUST 24, at 11:59 p.m. ET, so don’t delay. Grab your Omnibus deal now and you’ll have an audio or e-book for almost every day of the rest of 2014!
Here’s what you need to know once you make your purchase:
- September 5 is the deadline for refunds. Absolutely no refunds will be given if the file host shows that you have downloaded any files.
- September 25 is the deadline for downloading your e-books. They will not be available after that. See the FAQ or contact iHomeschool Network for more information.
- September 20 is the deadline for purchasing DVDs.
Remember, the Omnibus includes 107 resources for $25–that’s just 23 cents apiece! But the sale ends tomorrow, so head on over now to claim your bundle.